Sunday, January 6, 2013

Softer Lips?? + Toothpaste Promises

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for taking time out to read my new post, hope you enjoy. Don't forget to subscribe and please comment below if you have any questions!

Today's post started as a review of a new toothpaste but I decided to add another product that I have recently used a good bit. So here we go....

Product: Crest 3D White Luxe Toothpaste

Promises: "Removes Up to 90% of Surface Stains in 5 Days"


Well, I took the 5 day challenge. My husband got this sample tube with a tooth brush during a recent trip to the dentist for a cleaning. The sample was just large enough for me to use 2 times per day for 5 days. The toothpaste has a very minty taste and leaves a fresh feeling for what seems to be longer than our regular toothpaste does (Crest Complete Whitening) As for the removal of surface stains, I could see a difference, but to say that 90% of stains were removed, no. I would however repurchase this product due to the fresh clean feeling and staying power.

Tip: Look for sample size products in the travel section and corner hangers in stores so that you can try the product before committing to a full size.


OK, now on to the other product.

Product: Skinny Girl Lip Scrub

Promises: "Keep your pout smooth and kissable with this luxuriously gentle sugar scrub"


I saw this product at Walmart and wanted to try it. Shortly later it was given to me as a little gift (I might have gave a few hints). I have used it off and on over the past 6 months. It does remove some dry skin from lips but I feel that the "scrub" contents are too large for the lips. I have used the Mary Kay Satin Lips Lip Mask before and this product is not similar in ingredients, only the concept. The Skinny Girl product does have a great minty scent, is easy to use, not too oily and leaves your lips moisturized for a short period of time, but I feel like the price difference between this ($7.00 @ Walmart) and the Mary Kay product ($9.50) is not so significant that I would purchase this again.

***I do recommend if you decide on the Mary Kay Satin Lip product, go ahead and purchase the lip mask and lip balm combo because that lip balm used after the mask is heavenly!****


No comments:

Post a Comment