Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Little Cheap Makeup Never Hurt Nobody?????

Everyone was doing it.......I had to too. My Youtube obsession, I'm not sure when it began, but my most recent obsession is Youtube drug store makeup tutorials, hauls, etc. etc..... I was under the impression that if it doesn't cost a lot, at least in the makeup world, its not worth crap. You know, you get what you pay for type thing. Well let me just say, I was wrong. These past few months of Youtube obsession has converted me. I no longer reach for the higher priced product. Case in point. Jordana.  What? Jordana? Yes Jordana, kind of sounds like Jordache, don't get your hopes you, those jeans are not back in style (at least I hope not) :)

Jordana, if you are not familiar is a makeup brand found at Wal-Greens and K-Mart. It offers lower prices and most products are made here in the USA. So what got me to try it? The .99 eyeliner everyone was raving about. That's right people .99 for a eyeliner that they claimed would not make you go blind or wouldn't be completely gone after 2 minutes of wear (I have watery eyes). So I tried it, loved it, bought more and then more products. See the review and swatches below.
Jordana Easyliner in color: Black

Jordana Easyliner in color: Lavish Brown

Product: Jordan Easyliner

Promises: Silky, smooth, soft glide formula, doesn't tug delicate eye area. Excellent color coverage, all day wear, retractable-no sharpening required pencil. Available in 13 shades.

I really love this liner. I love retractable pencils with require no sharpener, the only issue is that the fine point eventually wears down and you have a more wider line. I switch and use a gel liner with liner brush if I need a finer line. These type do make it much easier for a smudgey line. The staying power is wonderful, even in the water line. The color payoff is very nice and I do not notice any pulling and tugging to get it on my eyelid. So, out goes my old liner and I have began to buy this liner only, it made a believer out of me.


Jordana Blush Powder in color: Touch of Pink

Product: Jordana Blush Powder

Promises: Color-true tints, face looks youthful and refreshed. Accentuates, sculpts and contours. Velvety smooth formula blends easily.

So after I tried the liner, I found other Jordana and decided to give them a whirl. First up, blush. I really like this too. It is a little powdery, but overall is very easy to blend, has great color payoff and doesn't have a strange scent (call me crazy, but that's what I find is some blushes). I will repurchase and try other colors, see below for a swatch.

  
Jordana Color Effects Eyeshadow in color: Rock Star

Jordan Color Effects Eye shadow in color: Bronzeville

Product: Jordan Color Effects Eye Shadow
Promises: Dazzling colors, high pigment finish, crease-proof, super soft, silk like application, available in 24 shades

I know, I know, a pink/red eye shadow..... I love them, I have several and I am on the hunt for the perfect one. This shade "Rock Star", I really like. It is powdery and I do not wear it without a primer, but the color payoff is great, very highly pigmented with not a whole lot of fall out. The color "Bronzeville" was purchased on a whim, because I purchased it in the middle of the summer and I don't wear a lot of brown, but I love this one. It goes on silkier than the pink/red color and also has great color payoff. As far as the claim of these being crease proof, no, used by themselves, you will have creasing, but using a good primer will take care of that.

These shadows and blushes are $1-$3 depending on if you find them on sale (yes they do have them on sale from time to time too!) I am very happy with this cosmetic line and will continue to purchase and try the other products they offer.
Top to bottom: Blush (Touch of Pink), Bronzeville Shadow, Rock Star Shadow, Lavish Brown liner, Black liner.

Thanks for reading!




      











No comments:

Post a Comment